“You Can’t wait for inspiration; you have to go after it with a club.”
Often, we sit idle waiting for great things to happen in our lives. And… we wait and wait and wait. Perhaps you’re thinking, but nothing good ever happens to me. My question to you is what are you doing to make it happen? What role are you playing with your life of opportunities?
Life is hard, and sometimes it seems it’s getting harder. Money is not flowing as it once did, and saving is even more challenging than ever. Dreams seem like they’re slipping away.
Dreams Can Come True!
I’m here to tell you your dreams are not gone until your last breath. So, pull up, shoulders straight and get going.
Now, since you have dreams and goals and talents too, how about writing down some reasonable wants and goals to set the spark this new year:
Think about your whats and whys first:
1. Know what it is you want to grow. What is your dream? What specifically do you want to accomplish this upcoming year?
2. Why do you want this dream to come to fruition? What will this dream do for you? Is it notoriety, money, or some other reason you want this inspiration to become your reality?
3. What is standing in your way? Often we make excuses on why we are not moving forward with the dream. I’m getting too old; my parents wouldn’t approve; I don’t have the time; I don’t have the money. Yes, these are many of the excuses we make. All of us, self included, make excuses.
4. What differentiates your work? Why is your passion unique? For example, what do you know about the topic? What is your experience? What about training, do you need to learn specifics about your goal?
5. Step out of your way. That’s right. Step aside and stop making excuses. And if they are not excuses but reality, knock them out one by one.
When I was lamenting about all the things I wanted to accomplish and what was standing in my way, a wise man (my husband!) told me, “If it was easy everybody would do it!” Oy vey, what a smart man this wise man was, and is.
Think about it, if whatever you are aspiring to do and it seems there are road blocks ask yourself how many are doing what you are dreaming to do. I bet not too many.
Okay, I can hear you, but so-and-so wrote a book, or she has a house; or everyone is married and I’m not.
Whoa, hold the horse. Not everyone writes books, it’s tough work and loads of obstacles. And maybe so-and-so has a house, but how much debt and sacrifice did they give to get that home? And not everyone is married. In fact, most marriages don’t last. Take your time to find your prince or princess because rushing the process is bound to last short term.
2023 Here You Go!
So now, how about jotting down your own supportive 2023 inspirational wants, something like:
1. Invest in self. Go to a writer’s conference if you want to write that book. If you wish to buy that home, go to a financial conference or work with a financial advisor and learn to save money before going into tremendous debt. If you want that perfect partner, you become the perfect you for you first.
2. Grow daily by reading books on the subject you’re wanting to inspire. Read every book you can get your hands on to guide you in the right direction.
3. Tune in to a craft podcast of your choice, fitting your needs, or perhaps YouTube channel, weekly shows.
4. Work the dream daily. If it’s writing a book, commit to how many words you will generate daily. You decide. If it’s a home, how much money do you need to generate daily into your savings? And if it’s a life partner, think about where this person might be and make sure you are in that area. For example, you want a mate who reads, go to the library and bookstores. If you want a healthy person, hang out in Whole Foods and the local gym. You get the gist, put yourself where the dreams are to make them happen.
5. Journal daily. Why? So that you can keep the dream live—front and center. It’s easy to let the dream pass you by and then another year gone by without accomplishing your goal.
6. Adjust your detailed plan daily. How will you make sure it stays in line with your goals? Life happens, and things out of our control can wreak havoc on the plan. Don’t give up, but revise.
My parting words are: Don’t give up, not now, never!! “You Can’t wait for inspiration; you have to go after it with a club.” as Jack London writes.
What is your dream? What’s keeping you from making your goal a reality? If you made your dream a reality, share with the readers so we can learn from you.
Thank you for spending time with me and my thoughts throughout these pages. I hope my words lit your excitement to become your best self for you. I look forward to sharing my next book with you on how to release your obsession with money. God bless you… and your journey through this life and all that awaits beyond…
Thank you for being a part of the reading blog forum of this blog. If you have something you’d like to say, I’d love to hear it. YOU are important and your words need to be heard. I’m here for you.
To learn more on recovery from food addiction, eating disorders, weight issues, dieting, and aging, please check out my Release Your Obsession Series.
Stay tuned…you never know where my mind will wander…
And now my newest release:
I learned firsthand and now I’m passing it along to you…